Succinct Summations for the week ending September 18th
- The FOMC leaves rates unchanged, remaining at maximum accommodation
- NAHB home builder survey came in a 62, higher than the 61 expected.
- Chinese retail sales increased 10.8% y/o/y, the largest increase since December.
- Housing permits came in at 1.17 million in August, above the 1.13 million seen in July.
- Initial jobless claims came in at 264k, lower than expected and down from 275k previously.
- The Fed doesn’t move, based on slowing global growth and rising market volatility.
- Core retail sales rose 0.3%, slightly less than expected.
- Housing starts came in at an annualized 1.12 million, slightly below expectations.
- U.S. industrial production fell .4% m/o/m, more than the 0.2% expected decrease.
- The Philly fed index fell to -6, down from 8.3 previously.
- The NY manufacturing index came in at -14.7, below the expected reading of -5.
- Mortgage applications fell 4.2% w/o/w.