My end of the week, post office holiday party, not too late morning train reads:
• Prof. Britt Harris and His Army of Investing Titans: Texas Teachers’ CIO imparts wisdom, grooming talent from the ground up. (Chief Investment Officer)
• Few hours, soaring pay for corporate board members (Boston Globe)
• What Happens When There Are Fewer Suckers at the Poker Table? (Wealth of Common Sense) see also Hedge Funds: Does money flow to where it is treated best? (Reformed Broker)
• Housing Is In Demand (Gadfly) see also The world’s tallest building will be one kilometer high (The Verge)
• Reagan, Bush 41 memos reveal sharp contrast with today’s GOP on climate and the environment (Washington Post) see also The GOP is the world’s only major climate-denialist party. But why? (Vox)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Roger Lowenstein, author of When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management. His new book is America’s Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve.