On this week’s Masters in Business radio podcast, I speak with Attorney and Professor Ron Rhoades of Western Kentucky University. Rhoades is an expert on regulations of asset management firms. He has been a zealous advocate for the Fiduciary Standard, and frequently testifies to Congress, the SEC, Department of Labor, FINRA, etc.
Our discussion ranged from basics of what the Fiduciary standard is to the ethics of how asset management firms should be run.
Its a little inside baseball, but if you work in the asset management side of finance, its must listen.
Hear the show live on Bloomberg Radio; download the full podcast at iTunes and on Bloomberg.com (and later this week on SoundCloud) . Earlier podcasts can be found on iTunes and at Bloombergview.com.
Books after the jump
• Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter L. Bernstein
• Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk by Roger Gibson
• The Richest Man in Babylon — Six Laws of Wealth by Charles Conrad
• The Incredible Shrinking Alpha: And What You Can Do to Escape Its Clutches by Larry E Swedroe
• What Wall Street Doesn’t Want You to Know: Build Real Wealth Investing in Index Funds by Larry E Swedroe
• All About Asset Allocation by Richard Ferri
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: