My morning train reads:
• One investing firm is behind a string of this year’s big money-making moments in Silicon Valley (Recode)
• Appealing Fictions (Collaborative Fund)
• They have weaponized social media. They have weaponized the First Amendment. They have weaponized civic discourse. And they have weaponized, most of all, politics. (New York Times)
• San Francisco is a ‘nirvana’ for China’s main intelligence agency — and the center of an intensifying spy war (Business Insider)
• The Cult of Trump Makes the Worst Conspiracy Theories Mainstream (GQ)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Torsten Slok, chief international economist and managing director at Deutsche Bank. Slok’s economics team has been top-ranked by Institutional Investor in fixed income and equities for the past five years.
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!