My end of week morning reads:
• 99 Good News Stories You Probably Didn’t Hear About in 2018. The world didn’t fall apart this year. You were just getting your news from the wrong places… (Medium)
• Lu Zhang of Ohio State University is skeptical about market-beating factors: The Professor Has Some Questions About Your Index Funds (Bloomberg Opinion)
• Where Government Is a Dirty Word, but Its Checks Pay the Bills (New York Times)
• The Farm Bill, hemp legalization and the status of CBD: An explainer (Brookings)
• The cost of natural disasters this year: $155 billion (Washington Post)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Francis J. Greenburger, founder of Time Equities. The real estate developer, who is also a literary agent and philanthropist, is best known for popularizing co-ops in New York. He is the author of Risk Game: Self Portrait of an Entrepreneur.
A Concise History of Presidential Commentary on the Stock Market
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!