Succinct Summations for the week ending February 15th, 2019
1. Markets gain on the week, as Administration cuts a budget deal;
2. Vehicle sales, not part of the holiday season, contributed strongly to December’s Retail results;
3. Job openings rose 3.1% in December to 7.34m, beating expected 6.90m;
4. CPI remains flat for a third straight month;
5. Consumer sentiment at 95.5 for February, beat expected 93.0;
6. Empire state mfg survey came in at 8.8 for February, above the expected 7.6;
1. Retail sales disappoint, fell 1.2% m/o/m, missing expected 0.1% rise.
2. Jobless claims rose 4k w/o/w, from 235k to 239k.
3. Import prices fell 0.5% m/o/m; export prices fell 0.6% m/o/m.
4. Home mortgage apps fell 6.0% w/o/w, the 4th weekly decline in a row.
5. Business inventories fell 0.1% m/o/m, down from previous 0.6% rise.
6. Same store sales rose 4.6% w/o/w, down from previous 5.7%.