Succinct Summations for the week ending August 23rd 2019
1. FOMC meeting in Jackson Hole seems to be progressing well without POTUS complications
2. Index of leading economic indicators rose 0.5% in August, above the expected 0.2%
3. E-Commerce retail sales rose 4.2% q/o/q, higher than the previous increase of 3.6%.
4. Existing home sales came in at 5.420M for July, above the expected 5.385M.
5. Same store sales rose 4.9% w/o/w, higher than the previous increase of 4.4%.
1. More trade war mania sends Markets lower for a 4th consecutive week
2. Bond yields plummet on recession fears;
3. Home mortgage apps fell 4.0% w/o/w, lower than the previous increase of 2.0%.
4. Kansas City Fed Mfg Index fell 5 points m/o/m from -1 to -6.
5. PMI Composite FLASH shows 50.9 for August, below the expected 51.9.