Succinct Summations for the week ending January 3rd, 2020
1. One less bad guy in the world: Iran’s top security and intelligence commander, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani was killed by a US Drone attack.
2. Same store sales rose 7.8% w/o/w, above the previous increase of 6.2%.
3. Pending home sales index rose 1.2% m/o/m, above the expected increase of 1.1%.
4. Jobless claims fell 2k m/o/m, from 224k to 222k.
5. International trade gap narrowed from $-66.8B to $-63.2B in November.
1. Trade deal remains an ephemeral hope, not yet signed.
2. FHFA House Price Index rose 0.2% m/o/m, below the expected increase of 0.4%.
3. PMI Mfg Index came in at 52.4 for December, below the expected 52.5.
4. Retail inventories fell 0.7% m/o/m, below the previous increase of 0.1%.
5. Consumer confidence index came in at 126.5 for December, below the expected 128.0.