Succinct Summations for the week ending January 24th, 2020
1. Markets don’t seem to be especially concerned Impeachment;
2. Existing home sales rose 3.6% m/o/m, above the previous decrease of 1.7%.
3. Same store sales rose 5.3% w/o/w, above the previous increase of 5.0%.
4. FHFA house price index rose 0.2% m/o/m, meeting expectations.
1. Regardless, the Impeachment is a national embarrassment; the fall of the US empire continues apace.
2. Index of leading indicators fell 0.3% m/o/m, below the previous increase of 0.1%.
3. Home mortgage apps fell 2.0% w/o/w, below the previous increase of 16.0%;
4. Jobless claims rose 6k w/o/w from 205k to 211k.