Succinct Summations for the week ending December 18th, 2020
1. US begins distribution of Pfizer Covid vaccine; we are closer to the end than the beginning;
2. Hope springs eternal for a deal on a Congressional Covid Rescue package to cover the long dark winter.
3. Home mortgage apps rose 2.0% w/o/w, above the previous decrease of 5.0%.
4. Business inventories rose 0.7% m/o/m, above the expectations.
5. Index of leading indicators rose 0.6% m/o/m, above expectations.
6. Current account deficit came in at $-178.5B for Q3, above expectations.
7. Housing starts came in at an annual rate of 1.547M for November, above expectations.
1. Massive Russian hack compromises US national security, military secrets and other crucial functions.
2. Pandemics most deadly day in as over 3600 Americans die;
3. Jobless claims rose 23k w/o/w from 862k to 885k.
4. Housing market index is at 86 for December, below expectations.
5. Retail sales fell 1.1% m/o/m, below expectations.
6. Industrial production rose 0.4% m/o/m, below the previous increase of 0.9%.
7. PMI Composite is at 55.7 for December, below expectations.
S&P500 Up 18% over past 6 months