Succinct Summations for the week ending April 9th, 2021
1. Markets gain strength as economic re-opening and recovery accelerate.
2. Job openings rose to 7.367M in February, above expectations.
3. Consumer credit rose $27.6B in February, above expectations.
4. ISM Services Index came in at 63.7 for March, expectations.
5. PMI Composite came in at 59.7 for March, above expectations.
1. Upswing in infections and worse variants threatens entire recovery;
2. Home mortgage apps fell 5.0% w/o/w, below previous decrease.
3. Jobless claims rose 16k w/o/w from 728k to 744k, above expectations.
4. International trade in goods and services fell from $-67.8B to $-71.1B in February.
5. Factory orders fell 0.8% m/o/m, below prior increase of 2.6%.
Oil Up 24.7%, Gold Down 8.5% (SPX +10%) Year to Date