Succinct Summations for the week ending May 14th, 2021
1. “If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.”
2. Home mortgage apps rose 1.0% w/o/w, above previous decrease.
3. Job Openings rose 597k in March from 7.526M to 8.123M.
4. CPI rose 0.8% m/o/m, above previous increase.
5. Business inventories rose 0.3% m/o/m.
6. Jobless claims fell 34k w/o/w from 507k to 473k.
1. Year over year CPI came in at a very hot 4.6%;
2. PPI-FD rose 0.6% m/o/m, below previous increase.
3. Retail sales remained unchanged for April, down from March’s 9.8%.
4. Industrial production rose 0.7% in April, below expectations.
5. Consumer sentiment came in at 82.8 for May, below expectations.
Volatility Is Dramatically Lower in 2021 than it was in 2020