Succinct Summations for the week ending August 17th, 2018
1. Jobless claims fell to 212k w/o/w, beating the expected 215k.
2. Nonfarm productivity shows a 2.9% annualized rate q/o/q, beating expectations.
3. Retail sales rose .5% in July, beating the expected .1% rise.
4. Consumer sentiment remains at high levels, coming in at 97.9 for July.
1. Housing starts came in at 1.168M in July, lower than the expected 1.271M.
2. MBA home mortgage applications fell a seasonally adjusted 3% w/o/w, the fifth consecutive weekly decline in a row.
3. Industrial production rose .1% m/o/m, down from the previous rise of .6%.
4. Same store sales rose 4.5% w/o/w, lower than the previous 5.6% rise.
5. Business inventories rose .1% m/o/m, lower than the previous .4%.