Succinct Summations for the week ending August 10th, 2018
1. Job openings are up 8.8% y/o/y, coming in at 6.662M in June.
2. Jobless claims fell to 213k w/o/w, beating the expected 220k.
3. Same store sales rose 5.6% w/o/w, higher than the previous 4.2% rise.
4. Federal reserve assets rose to 4.258 trillion w/o/w, up from previous 4.256 trillion.
1. America has a qualified worker shortage as Job openings are now accumulating faster than unemployed people.
2. Wholesale inventories rose .1% w/o/w, down from previous .6% increase.
3. Consumer credit came in at $10.2B in June, well below the expected $16B.
4. PPI-FD fell .1% y/o/y from 3.4% to 3.3%.
5. MBA home mortgage applications fell a seasonally adjusted 2% w/o/w, for fourth weekly decline in a row.