My hearing-free, morning train reads:
• Crypto and Cannabis Are the Perfect Post-Crisis Bubbles (Bloomberg Businessweek)
• How China Systematically Pries Technology From U.S. Companies: Beijing leans on an array of levers to extract intellectual property—sometimes coercively. (Wall Street Journal)
• Facebook Is Giving Advertisers Access to Your Shadow Contact Information (Gizmodo)
• What Is Spotify Doing? (Vulture)
• Fancy Bear, the Russian Election Hackers, Have a Nasty New Weapon (Daily Beast)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Peter Conti-Brown, a financial historian and legal scholar at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Conti-Brown studies central banking, financial regulation and public finance, with a particular focus on the history and policies of the U.S. Federal Reserve System. He is the author of “The Power and Independence of the Federal Reserve.”
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!