Succinct Summations for the week ending October 26th, 2018
1. GDP came in at 3.5% for Q3, 2 tenths higher than expected 3.3%.
2. Durable goods orders rose 0.8% m/o/m, beating the expected 1.5% decrease.
3. Pending home sales rose 0.5% in September, meeting high end of expectations.
4. FHFA house price index rose 0.3% m/o/m, meeting expectations.
5. Home mortgage applications rose 2.0% w/o/w, up from previous 6.0% decrease.
6. PMI composite is up to 54.8 in the current month, greater than expected 54.1.
1. New home sales came in at 553k for September, less than expected 625k.
2. Same store sales rose 5.5% w/o/w, slowing by 0.3% from previous week.
3. Retail inventories rose 0.1% m/o/m, down from prior revised 0.6% rise.
4. Wholesale inventories rose 0.3% m/o/m, down from prior revised 0.9% rise.
5. International trade in goods shows a deficit of $76B for September, deeper than expectations.
6. Chicago fed national activity index came in at 0.17 for September, down from prior revised 0.27.