Succinct Summations for the week ending November 30th, 2018
1. Home mortgage applications rose a seasonally adjusted 9.0% w/o/w, outpacing previous week’s 3.0% rise.
2. Retail inventories rose 0.9% m/o/m, higher than previous 0.1%.
3. Wholesale inventories rose 0.7% m/o/m, exceeding expected 0.4% build.
4. Same Store sales rose 7.9% w/o/w, up from previous week’s 6.2% rise.
5. Chicago Fed National Activity Index rose to 0.24 in October, exceeding expected 0.20.
6. Consumer confidence came in at 135.7 for November, meeting expectations.
1. International trade in goods deficit increased to -$77.2B in October, deeper than the expected -$76.9B.
2. Jobless claims rose 10k w/o/w, from 224k to 234k.
3. New home sales came in at 544k for October, 31k less than the expected 575k.
4. Pending home sales fell -2.6% m/o/m, below the expected -0.5% decrease.
5. FHFA house price index rose 0.2% m/o/m, slowing from previous 0.4% rise.
6. Farm prices fell -3.5% m/o/m, falling 2% more than previous -1.5% decline.