Succinct Summations for the week ending April 26th, 2019
1. S&P 500 & Nasdaq set new all time highs, as all of the Q4 drawdone were recovered;
2. Real GDP rose 3.2% in Q1, above the expected increase of 2.3%
3. New home sales came in at 692k for March, above the expected 645k.
4. Same store sales rose 6.0% w/o/w, up from previous 5.0% increase.
5. New orders for durable goods rose 2.7% m/o/m, above expected increase of 0.7%.
6. Consumer sentiment index rose to 97.2 in April, meeting expectations.
1. White House staff encouraged by POTUS to ignore Congressional subpoenas, so we have that going for us, which is nice . . .
2. Existing home sales fell 4.9% m/o/m from 5.480M to 5.210M.
3. Home mortgage apps fell 4.0% w/o/w, below the previous 1.0% increase.
4. Jobless claims rose 37k w/o/w, from 193k to 230k.
5. Crude oil inventories rose 5.5M barrels w/o/w to 460.6M.
6. FHFA House Price Index rose 0.3% m/o/m, below the expected increase of 0.4%.