Succinct Summations for the week ending October 11th 2019
1. Partial agreement has brokered a truce in the trade war; “Skinny” Trade Deal appears to be within reach.
2. Jobless claims fell 10k w/o/w from 220k to 210k.
3. Import prices rose 0.2% m/o/m, above the expected decrease of 0.1%.
4. Wholesale trade rose 0.2% m/o/m, in line with the previous 0.2% increase.
5. Export prices fell 0.2% m/o/m after previous decrease of 0.6%.
6. Consumer credit rose $17.9B in August, above the expected increase of $17.0B.
1. Two Rudy Giuliani associates are arrested on campaign finance scheme; Ukraine scandal is broader and deeper than previously understood, with more administrative officials and countries involved than previously believed;
2. Home mortgage apps fell 1.0% w/o/w, below the previous 1.0% increase.
3. Job openings came in at 7.051M in August, down from previous 7.174M.
4. Same store sales rose 5.7% w/o/w, decelerating from the previous increase of 5.8%.
5. TD Ameritrade Investor Movement Index fell 11 points in September from 4.62 to 4.51.
6. PPI-FD fell 0.3% m/o/m, below the expected increase of 0.1%.