If you haven’t read the longish McKinsey piece I linked to earlier this week, then consider this a homework assignment. I didn’t agree with all of it but its thought provoking:
1. Optimizing distribution and service models
2. Debiasing investment decisions
3. Enhancing research processes
4. Middle and back offices productivity
5. Markers of success/advanced analytics
For me, the most interesting aspects are not “increased sophistication in distribution” or “middle- and back-office productivity” but rather finding ways to make better investment decisions and de-bias out entire process. That means 2, 3 & 5 are of greatest interest . . .